Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Literacy Narrative topics

So today I've been tasked with brainstorming a few ideas on what topics I'll use in our upcoming "literacy narrative". It really shouldn't be hard for me, since I've spent quite some time reading as a kid.

My first choice in topic would be how I fell in love with the world J.R.R Tolkien had crafted so long ago. I remember the first time I read it, I got lost in the stories of the characters, and how insanely deep the world actually was. It was really sparked my interest in writing and reading as a whole, and to date I've read the trilogy five times. With how detailed the books themselves are, how grandiose the imagery was, the history behind all the characters, more and more gets revealed every time, and I want to be able to craft worlds as deep and rich as him. The first time it struck me just how much I loved the books was on a rainy day outside, sitting out in the woods in the little hutch me and a friend had made, just reading and shutting out the world around me. The smell of the moist dirt and mulch underneath me, the sound of the rain pattering all around, it was just amazing.

The next choice would be the time I was oh-so-rudely interrupted by the group that would become my best friends. I was just sitting on the bus, minding my own business, reading something or other, when one of them straight up asked if I liked paintball. I did, so I answered accordingly, and everything rolled downhill from there.

Anyways I'm tired, so I'm going to bed, with almost 300 words typed.

No comments:

Post a Comment