Tuesday, February 24, 2015

In Class Lab: Answer exercises on page 138/141

P138

Think about your own use of analysis

Everybody analyzes things on a constant basis. You look at something and then weigh the pros and cons with every movement. it happens so many times a second it's probably impossible to count. If we are barring all the miniscule analyses we make on a constant basis, then you can get a bit more specific.

Take today for example. I woke up at a leisurely 0730 in the morning, got dressed, went downstairs and grabbed a cup of coffee then went into the garage to fix the scope mount for my rifle. I finish by 1000, and take a shower and grab some breakfast. Noon rolls around and I analyze just how much I would be missing if I weren't to go class at 1300, and compare it to what I would gain if I were to take a nap, then head out and sight in my rifle. I  realize that I paid a thousand bucks for this class, and that I don't want that to go to waste. After all, I could sight in my rifle tomorrow afternoon.

It's quite the shallow analysis, but is quite viable in the discussion, since I weighed the pros and cons of one action versus another.

You could also extrapolate the experience to show what I'm interested, which would appear to be guns and sleep, in which case you would be correct, but that's neither here nor there. It also shows that I have a very important set of priorities, based mostly on monetary value. In which case you would also be correct.



What I’ll eat for lunch I guess
What new vidya gaem will I by
What hairsyltle do I want
How much omney to spend on lttorey
Personal
I considered a frozen chicken pot pie for optimal filling vs. time taken factored, but instead opted for a more delicious grilled cheese quesadilla. Other than that it boils down to a soft taco with rice or a pb&j sandwich.
I mean, I’m poor and Irish so I can’t really buy anything right now. I’ll just settle with Diablo 3 and free-to-play games.
I guess whatever works, I usually don’t bother with hairstyles
If I wanted to waste money then I’d go out back and burn it in the fire pit.
Professional
I’ll take a trip to the Grub Hut. Fast, and tasty, and a decent price.
My co-workers and I would usually just play Clash of Clans, a free mobile game, so I wouldn’t buy anything.
See above. Maybe I’ll get a haircut before I get promoted.
See above
School
I dunno, my classes aren’t very long so I usually just head home and whip something up.
I probably could pick up a cheap game to toss on my flash drive and bring it in, so I’m not bored out of my mind. Maybe FTL, that way I don’t have to actually buy it, and I can take all the time in the world to play it, due to its nifty pause feature.
I don’t really need a haircut for school, it’s not like I’m there to impress people.
See above.

After analyzing my daily analyses, it shows that I'm a bit more frugal when it comes to everything but food than I expected. I like food though, so it's not like I'm wasting money.

No comments:

Post a Comment